- Read the booklet Admission to Primary School 2018
- The online admission system closed on 15 January 2018.
- paper applications will be accepted after 15 January however these will be considered as late applications. Please contact Pupil and Student Services if you are unable to download the paper application.
The National offer day for Reception places 2018 is 16 April by email/letter. A letter will be sent to all applicants on 16 April 2018 confirming your offer and details of the Council’s appeals procedure.
Special educational needs
If your child is undergoing an Education Health and Care Assessment you will still need to complete an application for admission. For further advice contact the Inclusion and Statutory Assessment Service on 01204 338653.
Schools directory (for OFSTED reports and performance tables)
Admission to Reception Class 2019
If you have not registered your child’s details with a school or the Local Authority for admission to primary school for September 2018/19 please complete the online registration form or contact Pupil Services on 01204 332137/2143.
Transferring between Primary Schools
Bolton Council is responsible for co-ordinating admissions into all schools for those families resident within the Bolton Metropolitan Borough. This includes
- Children wishing to change from one school to another school within the borough
- Children who have arrived into the borough requiring a school place
- Children wishing to move from an independent school to a school maintained by the Council
- Children resident in the borough but requiring admission to a school in another borough
If you live in the area of another local authority then you must make an application through the school admission team for that authority
Is there an application form I need to complete?
The application form that the parents/carers will be required to complete when requesting admission to a new school can be found under the downloads tab of this page together with the notes of guidance.
You must ensure your child’s continued attendance at their current school whilst your application is being considered however it is recognised that for families who have moved into Bolton this may not always be possible. You must in such circumstances inform the headteacher at their previous school of the arrangements you are making.
Please click below for St John’s Admissions Policy