Values & Ethos
“In the light of Jesus, where we learn to love and love to learn”
We hope to achieve our Mission by:
- Fostering a love of God and neighbour within the children so that they will respect themselves and others.
- Fostering a joy in learning and life.
- Equipping our children with the skills and attitudes needed for their future development;
- Providing a high quality of teaching which enables all children to achieve their potential
- academically, spiritually, physically and emotionally.
- Maintaining a child-centred education which encourages the involvement of parents, parish, and community.
- Fostering an ordered, purposeful and secure environment which allows equality of opportunity for all to teach and learn.
- Teaching the skills of reading, writing and numeracy.
- Developing imagination and the ability to question and argue rationally.
- Nourishing and developing the Catholic faith of each individual in the school community.
- Pursuing excellence in all we do.
Being a voluntary-aided school helps St John’s achieve its mission to provide a Catholic education promoting the academic,
physical, spiritual and social development of each child in a stimulating environment and with a broad and balanced curriculum.